Hi, i'm Kabir Sehgal
PgM at Google | Entrepreneur | Public Speaker
Forward-thinking professional offering a unique combination of creativity and analytical skill with the ability to assess both vantage points simultaneously for an effective balance of visual nuance and sound business decisions which are easily transferable into a variety of positions.
Program Manager II - June 2015 - Current
- Create and lead the GTS/GTM strategic communication process for the systems portfolio of projects.
- Track and report impact of an entire portfolio of go-to-market programs to senior management and other stakeholdersDrive operations related diagnostics and redesigns to drastically improve processes related to customer experience, communications, and web production.
- Engage and drive stakeholder management and transparent communications across Google for Work and its partners.
- Lead, grow and inspire a team of highly motivated of Web Developers.
- Drive operations related diagnostics and redesigns to drastically improve processes related to customer experience, communications, and web production.
Program Manager - Jul 2014 - June 2015
Support the GfW Technology & Solutions team by driving forwards communication initiatives ad well as sheepherding new projects from concept, to product requirements, to engineering and the GfW Web Production team.
- Provide data to help managers manage risks, anticipate bottlenecks, drive program prioritization, make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus constraints.
- Define and develop structured processes/workflows for design and web development for all pages under the google.com/work family.
- Work closely with UX and visual designers to help paint the Google for Work vision through an online medium (google.com/work).
- Work with Google for Work Product Marketing parters to drive web projects’ prioritization, execution and review
Analyst - Jul 2012 - Jul 2014
Responsible for protecting the integrity of Google Search by investigating financial fraud, account-related abuse, questionable business practices, violations of Google’s policies, and general misuse of our products.
- Worked as part of a broader product quality operations management team with regards to strategy, process improvement, people development and technology implementation.
- Conducted complex queries and analyses, build statistical and visual models, and construct presentations on abuse trends to aid in fraud prevention and influence change in existing abuse detection systems.
- Partnered with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Engineering, Product) to achieve SQE's vision and strategy by setting up and maintaining systems and processes that ensure a seamless user experience.
- Used dynamic analytical techniques and leverage custom-built technology to have a direct impact on improving the experience of millions of Google users.
Founder - Jun 2013 - Present
Career consulting company to help educate and influence students and alumni when entering the job market.
- Created brand, website and customer base.
- Reviewed over 500 resumes and consulted over 80 student.
- Managed 10+ interns and student ambassadors.
- Given more than 12 keynote talks at universities including UCLA, UCI, UCD, and UCLA.
Brush with Bamboo
Head of Marketing - Jan 2012 - Jun 2014
Brush with Bamboo’s goal is to replace plastic toothbrushes with the ecological bamboo alternative. Around 450 million plastic toothbrushes that will each take over 1000 years to degrade are dumped in landfills every year in the U.S. alone.
- Built and managed brand as the most eco-friendly toothbrush on the market through online marketing, SEO, celebrity and professional endorsements.
- Managed all social media, website content, and marketing strategy.
- Consulted on product design and packaging.
Marketing Intern - Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
Worked in many facets of the company including: course video editing, graphic design, blogging, various marketing research projects, web analytics, and social media management.
- Learned various digital marketing techniques: Search Engine Optimization, Google AdWords, Google Adsense, Web Conversion, Social Media Marketing, Pay Per Click Advertisement, HootSuite, and Sugar CRM.
- Co-managed video production process of core Market Motive curriculum.
- Hired on post internship to complete a Google Adwords certification course and test. Obtained Google Adwords Certification in 2012.
Digital Marketing Intern - Jun 2011 - Sep 2011
Conducted marketing research on a plethora of upcoming and innovative marketing techniques such as ads on gaming consoles, QR codes and on-site content evaluation. Presented consistently to executive staff to show potential impact of certain strategies and see them through implementation.
- Lead research on online sustainability presence which initiated their Global Citizenship program to reposition and remarket the company environment friendliness.
- Conducted web conversion analysis of highest traffic web pages and suggest improvement that lead to increased trials, subscribers and revenue.
- Identified QR Codes as new market trend, led research for implementation, and setup vendor meetings with executives for potential partnerships.
80% CompleteProject/Program Management
85% CompleteTeam Building
50% CompleteAdobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks)
60% CompleteGoogle Analytics
Technical & Marketing Skills
70% CompleteHTML / CSS
75% CompleteBrand Management
80% CompleteGoing Mobile
B.A. Business Management & Economics
University of California, Santa Cruz - Graduation June 2012
A combined major focusing on traditional economics, business strategy, and marketing. Transferred to UCSC in 2010 and made Deans Honor list in 2011.
Stanford Professional Education - e-learning 2014
Completed the following online courses:
- Strategic Innovation: Creativity for Profit
- The Art and Science of Good Decision-Making
- The Power of Scenarios to Improve Strategic Decisions
- Six Critical Principles of Strategic Portfolio Management